msabIn 1918 T E Lawrence used Azraq Castle as a base as the northern mud flats were suitable for use as a landing ground for the aircraft which were supporting the column pushing north towards Dera’a. The main qualities of the area were its good visibility and fine weather for flying.

This area was chosen by the RJAF for a major new air base in September 1976 and construction started in that year. In November, 1980 No 1 (F5As and Bs) and No 11 squadrons (F5Es and Fs) were deployed.

The air base was officially opened on May 24, 1981 by HM King Hussein and named after Lieutenant Muwaffaq Salti who died in battle with the Israelis on November 13, 1966. It was the home of Nos 1 and 25 Mirage squadrons but since 1997 Nos 1 and 2 Mirage and F16 squadrons have been based there.

 
البحث
رسالت عمان
القيادة العامة للقوات المسلحة الاردنية
الشركة الاردنية لانظمة الطيران
الأردن الدولية للشحن الجوي
الملك عبدالله لتطير الاسلحة
صقور الاردن الملكية
الصقر الملكي
النادي الملكي