No 2 Squadron was first formed in 1958 with Vampires then with Hunters and later in 1974 with F5As and Bs as an advance training squadron at KHAC. It has been based in Amman and Mafraq as a fighter squadron then at King Hussein Air College with the Casa 101 as the advanced jet trainer. It is now at MSAB with the F16.